Monday, December 12, 2011

The royal "we"

Even though it's been nearly two years since I've been widowed, I still cannot break the tendency of saying "we." We decided this...or we were watching...we wanted to...sigh. It's getting a little bit embarrassing when I have to follow whatever "we" statement I made with, "um, actually, when I say 'we' I mean 'me'." Seriously, I wonder if people will begin to think I have an imaginary friend! :/

It's hard, really hard, to adjust to being alone.

It's even harder to grasp that we never really are.

In a perfectly timed tweet, God reminded me (through Louie Giglio) that He is always with us. "Are you just waiting on the Lord, or waiting WITH the Lord? Big shift! Amazing truth. No one waits alone."

No one waits alone. I love that. And it's so true. Not only has He promised to never leave us (Heb. 13:5), but also that He will answer us before we even call out to Him, and hears us while we are speaking (Isaiah 65:24).

In Isaiah 41, God says He has chosen you, do not fear for He is with You.
And my personal favorite, "I have called you by name, you are Mine!" (Is. 43:1)

So perhaps my heart knew what my mind had forgotten: I AM part of a "we." A royal we, as it were. I am a princess, a daughter of the King. When I make a decision, when I am resting at home, regardless of what I am doing, I do all things in the name of Jesus (Col. 3:17) and I do all things with His Spirit within me. I will always and forever be part of a "we."

We are chosen. We are deeply loved. And we are never, ever alone. Take comfort in that today.

1 comment: