Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The feeling of freedom

In talking to someone tonight, I was able to put a feeling into words that I hadn't really recognized previously: I haven't even "dealt" with Christmas because I'm just loving the road I'm on right now. What I meant by that was that I'm being so filled up with Jesus that I really haven't had time or desire to spend energy elsewhere. It's not that it's wrong if that's not where you are at- I love Christmas...but I love this closeness with Jesus so, so much more.

It's freedom. I've known Him for so long but my desire to know Him even more intimately has led me to a place of such freedom I can't help but share. The other night when I blogged such a personal blog...I began to think maybe I shouldn't have. And then I realized: it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks of me. It's about me and HIM.

I suddenly felt this feeling of complete peace and freedom...just incredible. Me and Jesus. That's it. Obviously, that love has to express itself outwardly to others, but for someone like me who has tried so long to earn others' approval? Being free is a great thing!

All His words are true. He speaks to me tenderly. He holds me in His hands. He is such a personal, purposeful God. Don't hold Him at arms length, He can satisfy you more than anything else.

I love this: "Christ has set us free to live a free life. So take your stand! Never again let anyone put a harness of slavery on you." Gal 5:1 (msg) I feel this "anyone" also includes yourself.

Free. We are free! We are servants only to Christ. Each day He leads me in new directions...and I have not a clue what my future holds. But I love that, because HE knows the plans He has for me (Jer. 29:11) and since I know that He loves me, I know they will be good.

You can be free too. Today. Whether you are a Christ follower, or you don't know Jesus yet, throw off all that stuff that holds you back and run to Him. He just wants to be with you. He sent His son as proof.

Choose freedom. This world wants to tie you down. But life is far too short to not spend it all His way.

No comments:

Post a Comment