Friday, December 23, 2011

Ponderings

Usually I don't blog unless I have a specific thing God's laid on my heart. But I'm avoiding wrapping Christmas presents (and a bazillion other things). So here is some things I'm thinking right now:

There are some great, kind people left in the world. Once in awhile, God puts them in your path to remind you that the body of Christ is a great bunch to belong to.

I wish I had the boldness of my 4yo daughter, who charged onto the stage after a worship service tonight. She sang a delightful impromptu duet (Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer).

Why do we make Christianity so complicated? Love God. Love others. These are the greatest commandments. Everything else flows after that.

Why do we make our own lives so complicated? God is in control and can use (and DOES use) everything that I do/don't do/wish I did/wish I hadn't done.

Why am I avoiding Christmas this year? I don't have a great answer for that. Last year was hard but I gave it more effort. This year I'd prefer to sleep through it. Someone get the Grinch outta me!!

If I could sing praise and worship for the rest of my life and do nothing else, no joke, I'd totally be on board with that. If I could be a singing nurse, even better. Not sure how that works out though. It would be pretty weird if I was singing while you were delivering your baby. Well...depends on how much stadol you've had...

I'm constantly on Twitter and Facebook because I long for, need, and crave community! I'm desperate for interaction. It's how God wired me. I'm a people person. I remember when Mike died, I told my mom I would gladly be alone forever with God and she laughed. It just goes completely against the grain for me to be alone for extended periods. I'm learning the balance of filling myself up with Jesus but enjoying the blessing of close friends and family.

Every day should start with a cup of coffee and quiet time on the porch w/ the psalms and the birds singing. You can't look at the birds, and read about God taking care of them, and continue to stress about your problems. Time stands still at those moments and I feel His nearness. Nothing compares.

I'm not looking forward at all to packing and driving 12 hours. Not. At. All. I DO look forward to seeing my family, hopefully my brother can make me laugh til I cry. He's the best at it. But the thought of all the preparation doesn't excite me in the least. Anyone have good song recommendations for the road? Please? I wore all my go-to's out on the way to Charlotte and back.

I need prayer for this year that I would continue to follow God's path for me even when it doesn't make sense. Even when I can't tell if I'm gonna sink, I want to step out on the water in faith. Do you have anything you want me to pray for?

Have a blessed Christmas and 2012! It's gonna be great :)

4 comments:

  1. Jen, you are an amazing gal. Period. End of story. Praying for safe travels for you and the kiddos! May God continue to guide and bless you in the new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blogs, Jen. The Lord has given you some beautiful talents, and it is such a blessing to know you! May you be filled up with His Spirit as you set out on your trip. May He lift your head and guide each step you take as you follow and trust in Him, knowing that His plans are GOOD and His love for you is PERFECT!
    Much love to you, sister - G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well said! I'm with you on Christmas this year. My best times are those spent praying & pondering what Christmas is all about. Just get yourself down here & we'll help improve your mood!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenn, I absolutely love you and your heart. I know we didn't hang out tons in high school but I'm so glad you are in my life. You are definitely in it for a reason. I think of you and pray for you often but in honesty you words are often an inspiration to me.

    I 100% support your idea of being a singing nurse. Firstly I would totally be on board for your singing to me/with me during my birthing day in March. :) 2nd if labor/delivery doesn't work out, I know that you could touch so many hearts working with peds or geriatrics... and could sing your heart out. Just a thought.

    I hope your trip is everything your need to refill your cup! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete