Monday, August 29, 2011

Precious privilege

Tonight, as I was making my son's bed and struggling against things weighing on my mind...I had a brilliant thought!

"...you do not have because you do not ask God." (James 4:2)

Have I actually spent time on the floor beseeching God? Listening to Him? Pouring out my heart? Um..no. I pray throughout the day. I enjoy moments with Him throughout the day. But I'm honestly not too sure that I've actually ASKED Him for some of the things that have been on my mind. What a goofball! You would think that would be the first thing I would do!! I get so amused when Ewan is about to fall asleep and mutters something like "ya didn't even give me a snack" or "you didn't play video games with me today"...and I think- you didn't ask me!!

Then I felt like a kid at Christmastime, and I couldn't wait for the kids to go to bed so I could spend some time with my Jesus! Not like He is Santa and is going to give me everything I ask...but just to be in His presence! What a precious privilege we have to "cast all our cares upon Him" (1 Peter 5:7), and He knows exactly what we need before we even ask Him! (Matthew 6:8) (Yes, lots of exclamation points...picture me jumping up and down and yelling these words out!)

Spending time with Him satisfies me in a way nothing else does. It makes me understand that He is the living water that quenches our thirst. He reminded me that He placed a desire in my heart for Him, and that nothing in this world will fill that place. It's made for Him!

And now I can rest easier if my mind starts to get cluttered again with whatnots. I can remember that I've taken those concerns to Jesus and bared my heart to Him. He knows what I need and want, and He knows how to use me to best bring Him glory. That's all I could ever want.

Sigh. Isn't He dreamy??? lol :)

No comments:

Post a Comment