Saturday, August 27, 2011

In Repair- part 1

Tonight, I'm trying to crank out blogs. :) I have so much in my head/heart that I need to spill. Happy reading!!

I was blessed to be able to catch some great tunes at Worship in the City this past Friday morning with my little girl. It was hot, but the Holy Spirit didn't mind.
One of the songs performed was "In Repair" by John Mayer (no, John Mayer wasn't there, ladies!). I hadn't heard that song before. But the lyrics and the testimony stuck with me.

"..wait for the wind to blow down on me, hoping it takes with it my old ways"...
"..I'm in repair, I'm not together but I'm getting there.."

Lately, I've been spending time with new friends in the church who have shared their burdens with me. It always amazes me that on Sunday morning, we really have no idea what is going on in each other's lives. I am glad to come alongside these women and pray for them, as they pray for me, that God will move and heal and restore.

All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. (Romans 3:23) The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience (1 Cor. 10:13). So God has so composed the body [of Christ], giving more abundant honor to the member which lacked, so that there may be no division in the body, but that the members may have the same care for one another. And if one member suffers, ALL the members suffer with it (1 Cor. 12:24-26).

We all are hurting, or will experience hurt. We all need repair. I am "in the shop", allowing God to remove that which needs to be thrown out and fix up what can stay. And I am so thankful that our God had the kindness to construct the church in a way that we can all support each other. I am blessed by my church family and my friends. I am not together. Those of you who really know me, know that! But with  the grace of God, and the support of those I love, I am getting there.

And thank you, John Mayer, for giving words and a melody to the thoughts of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment