Thursday, June 7, 2012

life in dead places...

Lately I've discovered a hopeless feeling in my heart. While I know that Jesus is still in control and has a plan, I lose focus of that. I let the fact that I can't see any possible outcome blur my vision. My human imagination with it's limitations gets in the way of my faith.

There's an area in my life that I just can't possibly imagine ever changing. I can't even decide if I would want it to change! I can't imagine healing and healthiness in my heart in that place. I put up walls and guard myself because of fear and lack of trust in myself. God pointed out that it's not just myself I am not trusting, but HIM.

There's nothing I can do on my own, really. He even works within us to change: "it is God who works within you to will and to act according to His good purpose" (Phil. 2:13). I forget how BIG He is, and how everything I see is just a breath, a moment. Although I can't see a solution, I have faith in the One who already has been to the end and knows every detail of my story.

This morning He led me to a beautiful scripture that reminded me of something very important: He can restore dead things to life.

"The Lord will continually guide you, and satisfy your desire in scorched places, and give strength to your bones; and you will be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water whose waters do not fail." (Isaiah 58:11, nasb)

I'm definitely feeling like I'm in a scorched, dead place. A place where there's not even a tiny shoot of hope clawing it's way up out of a crack in the ground. My bones? Yeah, they're pretty weak and weary. Yet somehow, beautiful, vibrant life is going to come out of this place of deadness. Like a watered garden...and like a spring whose waters don't fail, but just continue to flow, and flow.

Really? I mean, I am reading it, but it sounds too good to be true. However, I know one thing for sure- God can do what He says He can do. He keeps promise after promise, and HIS love never fails. I can't even trust myself but I can always trust Him. So when my eyes can't see anything good ahead, I just have to walk forward in faith and know He always keeps His promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment