Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Intensity, plans, and waiting...

Intense- (adj.) acute, strong, or vehement, as sensations, feelings, or emotions. Synonyms- fervent, passionate.

I'm intense. About everything. Hot or cold, black or white; I love vivid colors, sounds, dreaming and imagining. I like music as loud as it can go, and to dance until I'm dizzy. I like to create. I want to fly. I've come to a place where I've recognized that's how I was created. I'm in a chapter in my life where I have the liberty to discover who I am and what I like. Like in "Runaway Bride", I'm learning how I like my eggs. (Scrambled, with veggies, cheese and salsa!) And I'm very thankful for this time.

But there are a lot of times I'm not so appreciative of the way God made me. I'm so intense that I have a constant struggle with patience. I make up my mind about something, and then I want instant gratification. Let's get the show on the road. Sometimes I feel like I'm about to crawl out of my skin, so frustrated with waiting. I suppose I'm in the process of learning to cling to His grace while I wait on His move.

God's timing is perfect. Magnificently so. And He is working everything out for my best. So why in the world would I rush Him?? Rest, relax, take a deep breath and just enjoy the ride. I have to remember Who is in control. Especially when I get wrapped up in my world, using that wonderful imagination of mine to create my future.

"As soon as Babylon's seventy years are up and not a day before, I'll show up and take care of you as I promised and bring you back home. I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out- plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for." Jeremiah 29:11 (the message)

Dang, just reading that gives me peace. Psalm 37:7 says to "wait patiently on Him." Whenever I feel like I've got a great plan or idea for my future, I need to remember something important. The One who filled me with intensity, creativity, and life gave me just a tiny fraction of who HE is. So how much more fantastic are His plans than mine?

And with that thought, Oh Lord, give me grace and courage to wait on You alone.

1 comment:

  1. Well said, my girl! Right there with ya!

    ReplyDelete