Thursday, January 19, 2012

Tag, I'm it!!

the rules: 
1. you must post the rules
2. post eleven facts about yourself on the blog post
3. answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post,
 and then create eleven new questions to as the people you've tagged
4. tag people and link them on your post
5. let them know you've tagged them

11 Facts about me:

1. I've played a variety of musical instruments. Basically, I can learn fairly quickly anything you throw at me, although reed instruments always gave me a harder time. God gave me an ear and mind for music and I am so glad.

2. I always wanted my life to turn out like the show Friends. 

3. I am a very passionate person. I love color, life, sound, intensity, laughter. I have a lot of feelings, so sometimes I get hurt easily.

4.  I'm not easily satisfied with doing things the "safe" way. You know, the smart, planning, logical way. I am spontaneous. I am impatient. Sometimes this gets me in trouble. 

5. I prefer salty snacks to sweet. Unless you combine the two...then it's just fantastic. 

6. I once cut my right index finger while washing dishes. It cut through the nerve so now it's numb and goes to sleep from time to time. Just a really weird feeling. As a matter of fact, it's numb right now!

7. I am a summer girl. I love to garden. There's nothing like growing your own food, just being outside in the garden, cool breeze in the evening, sipping a beer with some friends in the yard. Perfection.

8. I am not a classy broad. I am too down to earth and love to laugh at myself. I will never be refined, although I do hope to come across as kind and polite.

9. I have been told I am a great cook, and "someday some man will appreciate it." Maybe my son? Haha. I do love to cook. I love flavor..nothing blah here. But then that goes along with the passionate personality thing.

10. I have been playing the guitar and singing almost every night after the kids go to bed. Maybe someday you'll see me in a coffee shop near you?

11. I believe God has called me to a very different path. I am super excited about the potential of being used to feed his sheep, namely the homeless population in Knoxville. I want nothing more than to see His kingdom on earth right now.

Questions from Jenna:

1. If you could travel anywhere where would it be? Oh man. There's like a gazillion places. But off the top of my head, Brazil or Spain.

2. Favorite nail polish color: Depends on my mood. 

3. What would your dream job be? If I could be paid for it, leading praise and worship around the community. Starting a shelter for women with children. Well, I guess that would still be my dream job whether I was paid or not.

4. Fave bible verse: Wow..I guess I would have to say all of Psalm 37. It's just perfect for me.

5. Family memory from childhood: I've blocked them all out. No, seriously, um... we took a vacation to Tennessee when I was about 12, and that's when I knew I loved Tennessee and wanted to live here one day.

6. One thing I can't live without: Well, water. But if you mean something I looooove, then it would be music. Hands down. I'd be nutty if it didn't exist anymore.

7. The most inspiring person in my life?: Can I say Jon Acuff? I mean, he isn't actually IN my life, but I read his blogs every day and they are absolutely amazing. They make me laugh out loud. It's awesome.

8. One thing I wish I had but don't: Sometimes I think a date would be nice. Then I remember that I'm not a classy broad. So I'd probably just embarrass myself ;)

9. What is something I'd do if I wasn't afraid to do it? Oh goodness. Tough question. I do things I'm afraid of a lot. BUT I think I would just completely sell everything I own and follow God to the ends of the earth if I was braver.

10. What is your biggest fear: I'm not telling.

11. A book that describes me and why: Boundaries. It's a self help book on setting them. And I am working on learning how to do that. It's a long road but you gotta start somewhere.


Questions for my tagged peeps:
1. What's your favorite genre of music or artist?
2. Where do you think you belong within the body of Christ? (What gifts do you have to serve with?)
3. What would you do with a million dollars? 
4. Have you read Jon Acuff's "Stuff Christians Like"? (You should!)
5. What would you name your first child?
6. Is there something about yourself that you absolutely love?
7. When did you start your walk with Jesus? Or have you?
8. Who are you closest to in your family?
9. What is one of your greatest pet peeves?
10. What's your favorite time of day?
11. What's your favorite thing to do in the winter? Summer?

My tags

No comments:

Post a Comment